1. When can we meet again?
a) When are you free?
b) It was two days ago.
c) Can you help me?
2. My aunt is going to stay with me.
a) How do you do?
b) How long for?
c) How was it?
3. When do you study?
a) at school
b) in the evenings
c) in the library
4. Would you prefer lemonade or orange juice?
a) Have you got anything else?
b) If you like.
c) Are you sure about that?
5. Let's have dinner now.
a) You aren't eating.
b) There aren't any.
c) Tom isn't here yet
6. The snow was ...... heavily when I left the house.
7. I can't find my keys anywhere - I ...... have left them at work.
8. When a car pulled out in front of her, Jane did well not to ...... control of her bicycle. a) miss
9. According to Richard's ...... the train leaves at 7 o'clock. a) opinion
10. When you stay in a country for some time you get used to the people's ...... of life. a) habit
11. The builders are ...... good progress with the new house. a) getting
12. She is now taking a more positive ...... to her studies and should do well. a) attitude
13. My father ...... his new car for two weeks now. a) has had
c) is having
14. What differences are there ...... the English spoken in the UK and the English spoken in the US? a) among
15. At 6 p.m. I started to get angry with him because he was late ...... a) as usual.
b) in general.
16. ...... you get your father's permission, I'll take you skiing next weekend. a) Although
17. A local company has agreed to ...... the school team with football shirts. a) contribute
18. I really enjoy stories that are ...... in the distant future. a) found
19. That old saucepan will come in ...... when we go camping. a) convenient
20. Anyone ...... after the start of the play is not allowed in until the interval. a) arrives
b) has arrived
21. I didn't ...... driving home in the storm so I stayed overnight in a hotel. a) fancy
22. The judge said that those prepared to...... in crime must be ready to suffer the consequences. a) involve
23. Marianne seemed to take ...... at my comments on her work. a) annoyance b) insult
24. You should not have a dog if you are not ...... to look after it. a) prepared
25. The farmhouse was so isolated that they had to generate their own electricity ...... a) current.